The HEDD Type MK2 & BASS Access Tool allows you to update the firmware of your Type MK2 monitors and BASS subwoofers. Furthermore, the tool allows access to deactivate the stand-by feature.
- OS: Microsoft Windows 7, 10, or newer, or macOS x64
- Storage: 20 MB or more
- Connection: 10/100 MB Ethernet port and cable
The following products are compatible with the Type MK2 & BASS Access Tool:
- HEDD Type 05 MK2
- HEDD Type 07 MK2
- HEDD Type 20 MK2
- HEDD Type 30 MK2
- HEDD BASS 08
- HEDD BASS 12
- improved standby behaviour and wake-up times
- new: bug fix for AES mode
- new: bug fixes for macOS pre-Catalina versions (<10.15)
- Remove/uninstall any previous version of the Access Tool before updating to a newer version.
- Connect your PC with the backplate of the compatible product via an Ethernet cable.
- Navigate to File > Network Settings and select the Ethernet adapter or network that you are using if it’s not selected automatically.
- Click the button «Connect».
- The monitor or subwoofer should appear in the list with the information about the current firmware version and inform you whether an update is available.
- If no update is available, the status column will show a green orb. Please skip point 7.
- The status column will show a yellow orb when the firmware is ready to be installed.
- Optionally you can deactivate the standby option. Please note that we do not recommend deactivating this option to save power.
- If you are ready to update the firmware and/or change the standby settings, click the button «Save & Update».
- The Update column will show a progress bar while the firmware is being updated. Please do not disconnect the cable until the process is finished! A green orb will signal the completion.
- Remove the cable and wait 10 seconds. Done.
- If the monitor or subwoofer cannot be found by the Access Tool, please try restarting the software and/or disabling the firewall.
- Should the update process fail, please check power and connection of the devices and restart the update process. The Access Tool will show that an error was encountered and continue where the process stopped.
If you are having other issues with the updating process, please contact us directly via email: email@example.com