The HEDD Type MK2 & BASS Access Tool allows you to update the firmware of your Type MK2 monitors and BASS subwoofers. Furthermore, the tool allows access to deactivate the stand-by feature.
The software is currently only compatible with Microsoft Windows. A version for Apple macOS is coming soon.
- OS: Microsoft Windows 7, 10, or newer
- Storage: 20 MB or more
- Connection: 10/100 MB Ethernet port and cable
The following products are compatible with the Type MK2 & BASS Access Tool:
- HEDD Type 05 MK2
- HEDD Type 07 MK2
- HEDD Type 20 MK2
- HEDD Type 30 MK2
- HEDD BASS 08
- HEDD BASS 12
- Connect your PC with the backplate of the compatible product via an Ethernet cable.
- Launch the Type MK2 & BASS Access Tool.
- Navigate to File > Network Settings and select the Ethernet adapter or network that you are using if it’s not selected automatically.
- Click the button «Connect».
- The monitor or subwoofer should appear in the list with the information about the current firmware version and inform you whether an update is available.
- If no update is available, the status column will show a green orb. Please skip point 7.
- The status column will show a yellow orb when the firmware is ready to be installed.
- Optionally you can deactivate the standby option. Please note that we do not recommend deactivating this option to save power.
- If you are ready to update the firmware and/or change the standby settings, click the button «Save & Update».
- The Update column will show a progress bar while the firmware is being updated. Please do not disconnect the cable until the process is finished! A green orb will signal the completion.
- Remove the cable and wait 10 seconds. Done.
- If the monitor or subwoofer cannot be found by the Access Tool, please try restarting the software and/or disabling the firewall.
If you are having other issues with the updating process, please contact us directly via email: email@example.com